Friday, November 07, 2014

Why be an Apprentice?

2014-2015 Apprentices        

Immediately after I graduated from Temple University in May, I began working for CSM as a city host in Philadelphia. As a city host, I was tasked with leading numerous youth groups on their mission trip experience in the City of Brotherly Love. Being a city host broke me and challenged me in every way imaginable: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I loved every bit of it, but I wanted more.

I sought to become an Apprentice, because I wanted to continually be challenged in all of the aforementioned ways, not just by following a devotional or going to church but through my place of work. Working with CSM is more than a full time job. it is a life experience, and I wanted my experiences to run longer and grow deeper. The Apprenticeship is meant to serve as a challenge but also assist in fostering new leaders. 

Additionally, I simply could not see myself jumping into a job where I wasn't serving people directly. I strive every single day to have a servant's heart and make helping others a reality versus a way to check off my good deed for the day. I've been blessed tremendously in my life with copious amounts of love and support, so much so that it's sometimes hard to comprehend. Other people unfortunately don't have that, and I want to be able to illustrate to them that such love is possible to obtain.

The more time I spend in Boston, the more I get to see why I belong here at this time. I'm ready to share blessings with my Bostonian brothers and sisters.


- Alexis, CSM Boston Apprentice


Learn more about CSM's Apprenticeship...

No comments: