Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I am a part of His great plan


I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now and it’s a great feeling to have. I look at all of the things that I’m experiencing with the people in my life right now and I can’t help but know that it’s all a part of God’s great and awesome plan. 

During a debrief with my group this week, I shared about the relationships I’ve developed with the CSM staff. I spoke of God’s greater plan in my life concerning the people He places in it. About a month before the summer season started, CSM Houston City Director, Britani, emailed us with some information about the summer and she included the names of the rest of the city hosts and the people I would be serving with. Through faith in God’s great plan, I knew I was really going to care about them someday and I already knew that I loved them. 

Today, I can safely say that the members of the staff here in Houston are playing crucial, God-planned roles in each other’s lives. It’s a feeling that grants me total peace and joy knowing that I am standing in His presence and His great plan for my life.

Spending the summer in my city is super cool. Houston is my home and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. It gives me a secret, inner burst of joy whenever I see people slowly fall in love with the city with each little thing they learn about it. Thank you, Lord, for this city!


- Chris, CSM Houston Summer 2014 City Host

No comments: