Monday, December 23, 2013

Another year, another adventure


I have been so blessed to be able to continue serving Denver as I work with CSM as one of this year's apprentices...

So much has happened in the past two months since I've returned to Denver. I have a new roommate and co-worker, Amanda, who I am so blessed to be able to grow and learn with for this next year. We have an adorably small studio apartment so getting to know each other well hasn't been too difficult. Amanda and I have been working on lots of different projects and coming up with new and exciting things for our groups to experience as they come into the city.

We've also had the privilege of hosting three groups in the past couple of months and it 's such a great reminder of why I fell in love with Denver and CSM in the first place. This is a picture of my Utah group and I serving at Capitol Hill, a lunch soup kitchen that serves about 200 of our homeless friends everyday.



My favorite moments in life are the ones when God jumps into your daily routine and surprises you with something or someone totally unexpected, like Marie...

Marie is a 10 year old little girl who loves to color pictures, eat candy, and play with friends. We have a lot in common, except for one thing, Marie is homeless. Earlier in the day I had bought a coloring book and crayons for myself while waiting on a group to finish an activity. I had no idea that God would use that coloring book as a way for me to start a conversation and spend an hour with such an incredible little girl. When we finished coloring, she simply thanked me for being her friend and left. God is constantly teaching me that all He requires is that I'm available and ready to do whatever it is that He asks of me, even when it's as simple as sharing my coloring book.



- Brittany Johnson, CSM Denver Apprentice


Learn how YOU can serve with CSM in Denver!

No comments: