Wednesday, June 12, 2013

And we're off!!

CSM Denver Summer 2013 Staff

The summer season has started in each of our cities and we couldn't be more excited for ALL that God has in store - for our summer staff, ministry partners and the groups coming to serve. Amazing things are on the horizon for everyone! 

Being a City Host for a summer with CSM can be a tough job - long hours, hot and humid temperatures, and many are in a new city. It's not for the faint of heart! But God's faithfulness shows up where our weakness stops, and seeing Him shine through an amazing debriefing session, the kindness of a ministry partner offering a glass of cold water (or a truck full of pumpkin pie ice cream - it's been known to happen!), or the smiles of the neighborhood kids waiting at the stoop to play re-energize our amazing staff and keep them going for the entire season.

We ask the hosts, "Why are you excited to work with CSM this season?" and here's what we heard from some:

“I have a heart for service and a passion for empowerment in urban communities. Being that I am a future educator, studying urban education, and a Christian; I thought that working with CSM this summer would be the best experience for me!” - Ariel, CSM Chicago

“I have always had a passion for urban service and a heart for those in need. However, this is not a passion that I want to keep to myself, but I want to be able to introduce it to and share it with the people around me, whether that is the students with whom or the people for whom I’m serving.” - Cathy, CSM Houston

"I would love to be the hands and feet of Jesus in Nashville and to invite others around me to do the same, not only in Nashville but in their home cities and wherever else that they will find themselves." - Corisa, CSM Nashville

"My hope is that the Gospel and God’s love take the city by storm this summer, and that the students who come here will have their eyes opened to the brokenness that exists in the city and be excited and passionate about serving New York and honoring Christ.” - Alex, CSM New York City

“I know God will be doing crazy things in the hearts of those serving in Philly this summer, and I pray that our hearts can just be open and recognize that. I decided to serve in Philly because it’s here where my heart was first opened to the Lord’s love and I first felt His presence in my life. I’m so excited to see what He has planned for us all this summer!” - Brandy, CSM Philadelphia

 “I fell in love with urban ministries during my first mission trip through CSM, so I am excited to see what new things God has in store for me, the students, sponsors, and staff this summer.” - Susan, CSM San Francisco Bay Area

“Frederick Buechner once wrote: ‘The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.’ For me, CSM is just that place." - Kelsey, CSM San Francisco Bay Area

Wow! We are excited to have each and every one of our summer staff on our team this year. And we can't wait for you to meet them when you join us in the city!


No comments: