Monday, June 25, 2012

Loving on L.A.

I now believe L.A. is a heavenly place.  6 years ago when I first came to L.A. to work for CSM and go to seminary, I would beg to differ.  Similar to Jennifer Cavalluzzi Wolfe's CNN article, it took me about a year to fall in love with this city, but once I did, I never looked back.  I now consider Los Angeles home and hope to be here the rest of my life.  One of the most heavenly aspects of Los Angeles that Wolfe only slightly touches on is the diversity of people.   Los Angeles has the second largest concentration of Japanese, Taiwanese, Koreans, Filipinos, Armenians, Thai, Vietnamese, and Mexicans outside of their native homelands.  Central and South Americans fill the streets along with those from every other continent.  This diversity of people allows me to see a little glimpse of what heaven will look like and the creativity of our God.  Even in the midst of poverty, homelessness, gang violence, etc, God has opened my eyes and heart to how heaven has infultrated this incredible city. 


Rebekah Bolin, CSM Los Angeles Associate City Director


Learn how YOU can serve with CSM in Los Angeles!

No comments: