Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Encouragement from back home

At the beginning of the summer, I received an encouraging e-mail from a friend who came on a mission trip to CSM this spring. He was giving me an update of what he was able to “take home” to Oklahoma City.
In his note, he says “over the semester with my friends [I went] downtown at least every other weekend [to meet] some street people. One man, Orlando, was in a wheelchair and slept by the art museum every night--we bought him snacks, water, and a blanket and had discussions with him several times. I'm excited to go back and try to see him when school starts back up.”
How refreshing it was to hear what someone else started doing after they came to serve with CSM! I was surprised to get this blessed update and it affirmed me in the great work that CSM is doing, I hope it is an encouragement to you as well.
-Adrienne Lamar, CSM Denver Associate City Director

Learn how YOU can serve with CSM in Denver!

No comments: