Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Living out the Gospel in Toronto

“Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ.” Philippians 1:27

This verse is so simple, but as I was reading through my Bible this week, these words really caught my eye.  This short phrase is actually a pretty enormous challenge to us.  WHATEVER happens, the standard for our actions and reactions is behavior that honors Christ and His sacrifice.  I know that in my own life I am all too often caught up in situations that occur and fail to even consider whether or not my conduct is honoring to the Gospel of Christ.

This week, God gave me plenty of opportunities to try to live out this verse.  Every single day something unexpected occurred whether it was with the schedule, the ministry sites, or just in my own personal life.  In each situation, I was presented with a choice of how to act: I could behave in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ or not.  Through these events, God was revealing to me just how high of a standard He has called us to and that I have not been considering the manner of my conduct as seriously as I should be.

I am weak and frail, but the Lord is my strength and my salvation.  The Gospel of Christ is so beautiful and so vital, how can I not be committing my every action to honoring it?

-Robin, CSM Toronto Summer 2010 City Host

No comments: