Friday, September 11, 2009

Engrained

Tonight was the first night of a girl's retreat my friend Brandi planned. She asked me to come and share with her girls and I am so glad Jesus made it possible for me to be here. It is just awesome to see Him already working and challenging these girls and there is still a day and a half left.
To start off the first session I was telling these gals a little bit about my summer and everything God was teaching me when it hit me like a softball to the shoulder blade, quick and unexpected....I miss Nash.
My eyes got teary and my throat clogged as the memories of the people there flooded me in a whole new way. I missed Nashville, specifically Daniel, Andy, Marshall, and Frank. They were treats this summer. As I talked about eating with them and learning how to enact scripture I couldn't help but wonder who ate with them this week. Did anyone talk to them? Are they still doing ok? Did Marshall find a full time job yet?
I am so thankful to be here right now and know it's where God wants me but a huge part of my life is engrained with memories, lessons, and people from Nashville. And I love it. I love that my heart still aches and rejoices with that city. I love that even though I am states and states away I can have breakfast with a group that served in they city alongside me this summer. I am excited to have a chance to share with teenage girls the joy of serving in obedience and the struggles that come along with that joy. It was good to see Nashville come into another part of my life and get that chance to teach and apply what happened in my heart in Nashville in another place.
It is a part of me. And now it's going to spread to some new states and cities and one by one (starting with me) the way we love people is going to change. Thanks Nashville for impacting me. And thanks God for not just stopping in Nashville.
-Jody Glazner, CSM Nashville City Host Summer 2009

No comments: