Monday, August 17, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I find myself sitting among 30 six and seven year olds at a movie wondering how their teachers do it day in and day out.
Sometimes I find myself sitting in the shade with a homeless couple wondering how they continue to walk their 30 miles a day.
Sometimes I find myself listening to the same stories I heard the week before and wondering if their minds ever clear.
Sometimes I am stopped by someone waiting in line to eat and silenced by their gratitude for our group being there.
Sometimes I get to watch as young adults and their leaders are stretched and molded.
Sometimes I get to see God light a fire within a generation that will have the opportunity and power to love and create change.
Sometimes I get to see love transform situations.
Sometimes I get to see love fall on deaf ears and hardened hearts.
Sometimes I find myself in continual praise for what God is doing.
Sometimes I find myself asking, ‘Is He really big enough to love on all the brokenness and heal the hurting and save the lost and feed the hungry and remember the silent.’
And then I remember that He is good. That He is sovereign (a word that is taking on a whole new meaning to me this summer). I am reminded that He is creator and omniscient and in control.
Sometimes I just need to remember to rest in His glory and look for ways to glorify Him.
Sometimes I need Him, to remember to just let Him be my all.
Sometimes I need to “Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.”
-Jody Glazner, CSM Nashville Summer 2009 City Host

1 comment:

David said...

Jody,
Thanks for being a host for one of our groups this summer. It was a great time and the students are still buzzing about it.
I trust that your summer was a great/tough/growing/stretching/convicting/confusing/wonderful summer. It will take a long time to process i am sure. God Bless

-David Siegrist
Libery Bible Church Chesterton IN