Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Second Time Around

Aaron has returned for his second summer as a City Host with CSM Chicago – check out how God’s moving in his life and the life of the city…

It has been interesting being here in Chicago again, doing the same thing, but with different people at a different time. I have faced different challenges, made different memories, and learned different things. I am glad I chose to return to Chicago and that God made this opportunity for me. I have been able to build some relationships with people here in the city and see a little more of what it is like to struggle in our society, yet be completely at peace with the society of God. I have encountered people who have pride in what they do and who they are even when the American society says they are nothing. It is inspiring and has forced me to define myself more as a follower and disciple of Christ. I am constantly learning from the people around me which I see as something special because I am suppose to be teaching them about God. It is crazy how everyone benefits when God is at the center of our work. Kirk Bell, a pastor on the south side of Chicago, said the other day, "When you get involved with the Word, miraculous things happen." That is what I have been able to see here in Chicago so far. As I spend more time reading the Bible and praying in so many ways, I have see God work and my blindness as been removed to see what He is doing in Chicago and around the world.

Thank you all for your prayers and support as I am here in Chicago.

-Aaron LaMonica, CSM Chicago Summer 2009 City Host

No comments: