Friday, April 25, 2008

leave good notes...


One of the "tasks" of a host is to read those tricky evaluations right? Well I LOVE feedback as long as it's constructive, therefore this is my favorite past-time in between groups. A couple of weeks ago we had some very thoughtful comments come through and one in particular stuck out to me. After going to the Harbor Light Salvation Army, one youth took away an invaluable memory. She notes that one of the members “Amos, is a cook and goes to work everyday to provide for people that are homeless. Amos really just had God. I know that sounds weird but something about him just screamed ‘I have Jesus, let me show you him.’”
Although not all of the evaluations I come across contain descriptions like this one, the richness and beauty of this one makes them all worthwhile.
-Adrienne, CSM Houston Spring City Host

No comments: