Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just in the Nick of Time


Every December CSM has the amazing opportunity to bless our partner ministries in the city with a tithe. This past year our deliveries were later than usual since our son, Luke, was born December 4. Just before Christmas, I delivered the check and gifts to one of our longtime partners, Kids Meals (formerly KidCare). Ruth Burrell opened the envelope and about fell off her chair. Then she went scrambling about her desk to show me something. As it turns out, that very morning, their administrator, Marguerite, had come to her with a ticker tape showing how much money they needed right away. They had already received a $50something donation that morning. The total amount needed was $807.87. Our check was for $750. I offered her $7 more from my wallet, but she wouldn't take it - she just rejoiced in God's provision in the nick of time. It was such a beautiful moment that I took a picture of it with my phone (see image to the left).

-Paul Randall, CSM Houston City Director

No comments: