Here are some interesting tidbits about the great city of Chicago:
- Chicago was founded by Jean-Baptiste Pointe du Sable, a black man from Haiti.
- After the great Chicago fire of 1871, England sent thousands of books to help Chicago rebuild it's library. Chicago had no libraries at that time.
- We live in Chicago's Albany Park neighborhood. It is the city's most diverse neighborhood with 50% of residents having been born in another country.
- Chicago's Western Avenue is the world's longest street.
- Chicago Public Schools have 408,601 students. Over 10,000 of them are considered homeless.
- 84.9% of Chicago Public School students are being raised in a low income home.
-Tim & Kelly Reed, Chicago City Directors