Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Forgotten

Poem by Brittany (CSM-Los Angeles trip participant)



The days are lonely and the nights are cold
This life I’m living is getting old
The streets are my only comfort and where I lay
Deliver me from this nightmare is what I pray
People look down on me for how I appear
It hurts to know that I am someone that they fear
I am a person, an individual, and have feelings too
Can’t you see I was once like you?
I had dreams, goals, and lived life to the fullest each day
Until everything went down the drain and I couldn’t find my way
This life has made me realize how cold hearted people can be
Many choose to just walk away and ignore me
They act like I am invisible and that I’m not there
Bless those who take the time to show that they care
I wish people would understand that it’s not all about material things
and money
Having God in your life is most important and going to the place that
overflows with milk and honey
Bless those who are poor on earth
For God loves them and knows how much they are worth


Learn how you can serve the people of Los Angeles!

1 comment:

kabahead said...

cool, yay brittany! glad u were able to post the poem