Thursday, June 28, 2007

'Jesus Was a Homeless Bum'



"Something awful happened in Bible Study yesterday.
We were looking at a passage from Luke [9:57-62]. People said they wanted to follow Jesus but they all had reasons why they couldn't do it right then. I think Ali Robinson, our Study Leader, was hoping to inspire us to deeper levels of commitment. I was sitting next to her and I saw where she'd written that across the top of her page. It was underlined three times.
As per usual, we went round the group sharing our first response to the passage, and that's when all heck broke out. I said I'd never realized before that Jesus was a homeless bum. Well, it says it right there in the scripture, Sis! 'Foxes have holes... but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.'"

Read the rest of the Wittenburg Door article...

No comments: