Monday, September 25, 2006

Oh those wonderful days of summer...

"I went to NYC with CSM this summer. I had such a great time seeing God
work through me and the mission team I went with. Our group was
fortunate to get two awesome CSM leaders who gave us an awsome
oppurtunity to serve God and others. The main thing that I learned
while I was in NYC is that most homeless have a beautiful soul they
just want to be listened to and know that there opinions counts."
-Katie, Summer trip participant

"I am from Springfield, Ohio, and i worked the team in Chicago this summer. My group had the opportunity to work with Cornerstone Community Outreach, doing a Bible school for the kids there. They were simply amazing. To see the way they cared for their siblings, and to see how interested they were in learning about the Bible was amazing. God truly taught me this summer what a child-like faith looked like, and how to have it for my own. Thank you so much for the work that you guys do to change peoples lives. You are truly a lifeboat for God in a dying world."
-Rick, Summer trip participant

"This summer I went to Chicago with my youth group. It was AMAZING! It was my first mission and definitely not my last! Every morning we worked at Carol Robertson Learning Center with the head start program. Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a veterinarian when I grow up. But my week in Chicago changed that. Working with those kids was an experience I will never forget. It even changed my career path. I am now going to be an elementary school teacher. After working with those kids for a few hours for five days I got extremely attached to them. It was very hard leaving on the last day without crying. I just recently got the pictures developed and the only things I have pictures of is those kids. I almost cry every time I look at them because I miss them so much! You guys are doing a great job with your mission work. You have changed my life and I'm sure many more."
-Becca, Summer trip participant

No comments: