Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Reflecting on NYC

Okay, so my feet kinda hurt, I'm tired, we have been on about 1,000,000 different dirty subways, our church has no air conditioning, and it feels like 150 degrees outside. But surprisingly this has been one of the best trips I have been on. It isn't just the fact that we're in NYC, it's the people that make up the Burroughs of NYC. We have visited areas from Harlem to 5th Ave, and have shopped and volunteered. Shopping is fun, but speaking to the people of New York in soup kitchens, the parks, and the streets I have learned so much. These kids and adults have impacted my life in BIG ways. We can ease someone's suffering just by slowing down and asking about their day and their life. It's pretty much the best two weeks of my life and the trip will only get better!
-CSM Trip Participant, 10th grader from OK

Click here to read more amazing reflections from a group that just returned from serving with CSM in New York City!

No comments: